Saturday, November 7, 2009

[Snob Tunes...]



My two favorite artists have been on heavy rotation in my car lately: Lil' Wayne and Nicki Minaj. Lil' Wayne has always been a staple on my Zune but Nicki has broken through. I recently downloaded Nicki's "The Best of Nicki Minaj" and it's been the best mixtape ever! I am in love with her style and her rhyming skills. She was recently featured on the BET hip-Hop Awards in a cypher with Joe Budden, Nipsey Hustle and others. May I say, she was the ONLY female featured! What a groundbreaker... Anyway, I have been following her since Lil' Wayne mentioned her name in one of his mixtapes and seeing her on youtube getting interviewed in an apartment building staircase. She is currently signed to Young Money label and she is steady becoming (if not) the most talked about female rapper these days... 2010 is going to be a great year for her, I can feel it... =)... Now onto Lil' Wayne, he released the "No Ceilings" mixtape this past tuesday or wednesday; and it features remixes and freestyles to the hottest songs right now, including Beyonce's Sweet Dreams. It's a lyrical circus...and if you know Weezy's freestyle flow, its REDONKULOUS.... So check them out for yourself...

No comments:

Post a Comment